Author Topic: Footrest position.  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Adam M

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Footrest position.
« on: July 29, 2018, 09:28:57 AM »
Is position of footrests on all models identical ?
I found my position on S model much too "sporty" for me and would like to know about any available options.
I know everything about possible handlebar relocating, but noting about footrests.
Thank you for an enlightenment in this area of K 75 knowledge.
  • Canada
  • Triumph T 150 Trident.

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: Footrest position.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:05:04 AM »
greetings...

its the handlebars that determines lean... sitting up or leaning forward...

so... handlebars #1... then seat height and ridors seat area length and width...

thats all you gotts on the little 750 motobrick...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline rbm

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 02:22:01 PM »
Agree 100% with Johnny.  Handlebars determine your body position on the seat.  There are really only two peg plates available for the K-bike - those used on 2V-K100's and K75's, and those used on 4V-K100's, K1100's, and K1's.  The peg position on any of these models is pretty much the same.  My K75 has K1100 footpeg plates and a regular height seat.  My feet and knees are positioned roughly the same as yours (as pictured on your other thread).

I have C-style bars on my K75 which are slightly wider, slightly higher and equally pulled back as your S-bars.  My bars are adjusted to put my body in a slight forward lean.  I find this helps with riding out road bumps and pits, as the bike pivots about my waist.  If I was in a more upright position as with a K-RT or K-LT, then the road shocks would go straight up my spine.

I suspect you find the seating position oddly forward leaning and need to support your upper body to push it into a more familiar upright stance.  This puts pressure on your palms and arms and tires you out.  Am I right?  If so, there is a good document on the Master Yoda position that is a good read. The document is posted as a PDF at the end of the first post in this thread.  http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,570.0.html
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
I suspect you find the seating position oddly forward leaning and need to support your upper body to push it into a more familiar upright stance.  This puts pressure on your palms and arms and tires you out.  Am I right?  If so, there is a good document on the Master Yoda position that is a good read. The document is posted as a PDF at the end of the first post in this thread.  http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,570.0.html
Thanks for pointing out the Master Yoda document.

It makes for good reading.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Offline Adam M

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 06:02:14 PM »
Hi Johnny and rbm, thanks for your answers.
Yes, part of my problem is too low and narrow bars with quite a long reach to them ( I'm 5.7 and getting shorter every day ), second big part is my "sit and beg" position on my old brits I got used to during last 15 years. With my Trident is ridiculous, my feet stick forward 5 ", like on current HD.
So I found Master Yoda Position a good read, but it was talking about position I remember from my youth when I used to ride old BMW from before the 2 war :).

Rbm, I believe your solution with  C style bars would be the best solution for me as well, what was involved in this conversion ?
I have to do something to my seat also, It's perhaps little to high, but mainly too wide in the place where my tights are, second problem is too slippery making my wife sliding into my back when I brake.
  • Canada
  • Triumph T 150 Trident.

Offline johnny

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »
greetings...

feet forward sitting up with no lean forward is golden for chiropractors... and eventually spline surgeons...

they say johnny how can you lean over that tank from dawn to dusk day after day after day... i tells them my taint is right and my spline is right... i bend at the waist and letts my stomach muscles hold me up... no weight on the grips... nose up eyes wide open look far ahead on the throttle and my brain wont let me wreck or fatigue...

miles to the left of me... miles to the right... miles in front of me... watch me ride into the night...

try it...

ride dangerously...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline rbm

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
Adam, we really should arrange to meet up so that you can get a real-world taste of my setup and judge for yourself.  I PMed you my contact info earlier.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline johnny

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
mee too... i wanna ride it... im only a half a days ride away...

* metoo.png (39.86 kB . 768x284 - viewed 294 times)

wheres the clandestine tunnel... my passport is a little funky since i left statesville...

* homeawayfromhome.JPG (86.26 kB . 768x512 - viewed 313 times)

Offline bocutter Ed

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse for F&C at the Olde Yorke ...
  • Toronto, Canada
  • '61 Puch DS60 - '66 Puch 250 SGS - '87 BMW K75s

Tags: