Author Topic: 1988 K75, Set up as a 'T' currently, have all the parts to go back to 'C'  (Read 3233 times)

Offline bmwburf

• Curious
88 K75. Originally configured as a "C" model. Currently set up as a "T" model with a Pickler fairing. Vintage look (and in Indiana, it qualifies as Vintage) with all the modern conveniences like good brakes and suspension! "T" style handlebars (and "C" bars). Old style Mayer seat as well as a repadded and recovered stock seat. Have all the 'C' components to switch it back if desired. Currently Progressive rear shock and have a spare Ikon shock like new. Extra front rim and Metzler tire (which is about worn out) I used on a long distance trip a while ago. Front fender extension. Progressive front fork springs (being used due to Pickler fairing) as well as stock springs (lighter springing used with "C" fairing. Decent (but not great) accessory front lights. Extra stop light in rear lense. Headlight cut out switch. Accessory electrical plugs for rider and passenger. Stock, keyed alike saddle bags with liners. GIVI tour box. BMW tank bag. Engine guards with rider pegs. Complete 12K fall of last year. Spline lubes on driveshaft and transmission last year also. New front fork bearings last season. Bought the bike with 12,000 on it in 2012 and it's now got just a bit over 40K. Runs excellently with it's counterbalanced. 3 cylinder. water cooled. fuel injected. double overhead cam engine. Way smoother than our K100/1100!
  • Greenfield, IN & Micco, FL
  • '88 K75 , was a "C", is now a "T"

Offline bmwburf

• Curious
Opps....wanted $2500 for it.  OBO....forgot to put in the price...DUH!!

Offline BryanD

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Interested.  Where in In are you?  Just over the Ohio River on the south side in Louisville.
  • Louisville
  • 95 K1100rs

Offline bmwburf

• Curious
Interested.  Where in In are you?  Just over the Ohio River on the south side in Louisville.

We are in Greenfield, Indiana.  20 miles east of Indianapolis.  Straight shot up I-65 from Louisville then jog onto I-70 east just a bit.  3 hours if you take your time!

Offline bmwburf

• Curious
Re: 1988 K75, Set up as a 'T' currently, have all the parts to go back to 'C'
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
Bike's been sold...

Offline mw074

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
  I am a big fan of the Pichler faring. Although they are quite heavy.
  • Michigan

Offline bmwburf

• Curious
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:45:59 AM »
Agreed MW074.  Nice fairing, a bit 'unusual' but it blended in with the general 'antique' theme of the bike.  I've tried forever to find some of the lowers for the bike...no luck.  No worries now however as it's care and feeding have been taken over by another.

Tags: