Author Topic: New member from Latvia  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Latvietis

• Motobrick Curious
New member from Latvia
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »
Hello there!
Recently i bought BMW K100 86’ with only 27k km! Always looking for an information here and i really like to here usefull information from expirienced motobrickers! Thank you for this great forum!
Bike has been staying in the barn for over 10 years, because they could not start it! When I received it, I started to clean all groundings and things like that. Later checked injectors and 3 of 4 were rusted and didnot even click! Took injectors from friends brick and it started immediately! That was one very happy day! There are still very many problems caused by unexpirienced repair! (When I received previous mechanic even places the fuel pump on the left side of the engine, so he dont need to take the tank off each time!)
Im glad to be here with all of you and i will be thankful, for your advises!

Now i want to get rid of the original alarm sustem. Anyone can help me to do it?
Another thing is that I cant open pdf files here! Somebody knows whats the problem?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Latvia
  • K100 86’

Offline Latvietis

• Motobrick Curious
Re: New member from Latvia
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 04:35:14 PM »
Sorry for grammar!

• Latvia
  • K100 86’

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:13:04 AM »
Welcome!  Your grammar is fine.  In fact, you write better than most of the American college graduates I have had the misfortune to deal with. 

Good luck with your bike.   Sounds like you are well on your way to making it run.  Is the alarm system a BMW unit?  I am sure there are inmates here who have removed them.  I believe it is simply a matter of unplugging a few components. 

I am pretty sure that you want to remove it because they are known to fail in such a way that they prevent the engine from starting or running.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Martin

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 01:04:49 AM »
Welcome to the asylum from OZ.
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Latvietis

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 06:56:30 AM »
Thank you!
Alarm looks like this!
At the beginning I wanted to get rid of it because I wanted to be sure, that alarm is not making no start problem.

Now I dont want it, because it will make horn signal when I dont want it! [emoji28] Previous owner disconected both horns!

• Latvia
  • K100 86’

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 07:23:41 AM »
Hello there!
Recently i bought BMW K100 86’ with only 27k km! Always looking for an information here and i really like to here usefull information from expirienced motobrickers! Thank you for this great forum!

Another thing is that I cant open pdf files here! Somebody knows whats the problem?
Welcome, Latvietis. You made a smart move checking the injectors immediately. Good luck with your bike. Post some photos of it.

Regarding the PDF files. Some files here don't work but most do. You might have tried to open a corrupt one. If every file you try doesn't work then you maybe should import an updated version of Adobe Reader.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Latvietis

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 04:04:17 PM »
Hello there!
I am having problems with neutral light.. i opened GEar position switch. There was one spring melted (dont know how). I changed the spring, put everything together and nothing changed... My gear lcd is blurred and cant see any of numbers! Can it be a problem?
I will appreciate any help!

PS i checked the light bulb there, everything seemed to be fine! (Didnt actualy light it up)
Thanks!

• Latvia
  • K100 86’

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 04:36:32 PM »
Hello there!
I am having problems with neutral light.. i opened GEar position switch. . . .
You should be posting your problems in the Workshop section in the future.

For now, you can do the test for switch function described in this post. If that test shows that your switch is good, you can check out the instrument cluster using the guidelines found in this post.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Tags: