Author Topic: K75$ -- hammer pants  (Read 12163 times)

Offline NickHeijman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: K75$ -- hammer pants
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 06:20:22 AM »
Looks good so far !

Have fun with the project. Looking forwards to the end-result.
  • Breda
  • BMW K75S

Offline thestza

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: K75$ -- hammer pants
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 06:54:28 PM »
another update. soon after the previous one, something shorted while riding the bike on the freeway and the electrical started smoking. i'm guessing it was general carelessness with the wiring by me (not taking the time to properly cap and store the wires i cut / wasn't using). in any case, the bike wasn't starting, most of my main loom was fried, and i learned a good lesson... so, i bought a used loom on ebay and set about re-wiring the bike -- hoping that nothing else was damaged. it took a while to label, disconnect, test, and re-wire, but the bike started again!!! it was super satisfying to bring the bike back from the dead (even if i prolly killed it to begin with).

SEAT
however, now that it was running again, i kept pushing forward... and, first up was the seat. my buddy was kind enough to give me an old skate deck he had lying around, which i made a seat pan out of. then, i cut out / shaved down an old seat i had from a previous build. i wrapped the new seat in a blanket and strapped it to the skate deck. still working on the silhouette here but very happy with version 1.0.

NOW
so... here's the bike now with new headlight, new tail light, updated seat pan / skate deck and a new lease on life. gotta say... i love this fuggin bike

• gross angeles
  • 1988 k75$

Tags: