Author Topic: 3D Printed Parts  (Read 5039 times)

Offline LeMoeur

• Motobrick Curious
3D Printed Parts
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »
Hi guys!

While waiting for my bike to fix by herself i decided to pass the time in my cozy room giving up my precious eyesight to the screen of the PC. So i started designing a few pieces i needed for my bike.. Hoping that my 3D printer would sooner or later pass the Big Wall of China and finally get to me.

I thought that it would be supercool if everybody would post their 3D designed pieces in this thread so that anyone can use them if in need.
I'll start posting here the front part of the front wheel fender that i modeled using parametric data from the original one, but making his length slightly shorter to make it look "cooler".

Hoping that somebody else will follow... in the meantime i'll try to add more pieces to the folder i'm sharing here for you to browse and enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#F!Y7whzRwb

This is the decription key, till i realize how to put the link without it:
r8_c7tZQTWs4HLiRO9JY5A
  • GE/SV - Italy
  • K100 RS 1992 16V

Offline billday

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: 3D Printed Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »
This is cool. It would be great to see this evolve into its own section of Motobrick.
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline 850Commando

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:31:24 PM »
I agree .. brilliant idea, well done!
  • London UK
  • 1993 K75
"people who tolerate absurdity will, sooner or later, commit atrocities" (Voltaire)

Offline 850Commando

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
... tried the link (out of curiosity) but it needs an 'decryption key' ?
  • London UK
  • 1993 K75
"people who tolerate absurdity will, sooner or later, commit atrocities" (Voltaire)

Offline LeMoeur

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 05:15:57 PM »
Hmmm I thought i had clicked on “without decription key” [emoji28]
Anyway here it is... i’ll edit the post, also

r8_c7tZQTWs4HLiRO9JY5A
  • GE/SV - Italy
  • K100 RS 1992 16V

Offline 1ockdown

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 10:04:03 AM »
 I'm trying to design my own seat and custom rear end. I managed to scan in a partial 3D model of my '94 K75S ABS. I'll upload the file in hopes it will be of use to someone. The scan is of enough of the seat area frame to be of partial use to me, as well as a 90% fitment seatpan/frame. I've scoured the web in hopes of finding 3D models. I found another post on this website with 3D models, but the frame in that file did not fit, or match up correctly.

I will not post the file because the file type is not accepted. I will share a link to google drive with the file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AAkgIPJ01UGSLRZEN7nMzOawfmGLKj7X
  • My garage in New York
  • 1994 K75S ABS

Offline E30_Crazy

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 11:53:43 PM »
Would be nice to see some plans for plastics, possibly mirror pods, etc. Might even be able to make some travel cases as well. Could reuse locks/barrels from damaged cases.
  • Newport News, Virginia
  • '85 K100, '93 K1100RS
God created Crew Chiefs so Fighter Pilots could have heroes, too.

Offline 1ockdown

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:29 AM »
I'm making a cafe/scrambler build. I do not have anymore plastics. I'll scan whatever else I'll be needing done and modeled, and happily share it with others. I plan on posting my finished seat plans soon. I'll also get quotes and such for different 3D printed materials and share those here. I'm interested in having a stainless or aluminum seat 3D printed. 
  • My garage in New York
  • 1994 K75S ABS

Tags: