Author Topic: Newbie Brick  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Breezer

• Curious
Newbie Brick
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:20:18 AM »
Hello  bricks
I guess that means me too now that I’m on route home to Cumbria trailering a 1985 K75 up the M6. I would have ridden it home except that it came with quite a few spares. I was assured that the splines have been greased but who knows. The seller rang me in a panic this morning because all the electrics were dead and he was sure it wasn’t the battery and didn’t know where the fuses were.A little worrying!Turns out it was the battery and it fired up lovely with a slave battery. I paid £900 for her with 70 grand on the clock with a spare fairing, radio and 2 top boxes. So long as the driveshaft doesn’t s**t itself I’m pleased with that...
Let’s see....
I’ve been playing with a Diesel engined Enfield for a few years and miss the horses and time riding as opposed to time in the shed. So am well ready to munch some miles :-)
This enthusiastic forum sold me on the special K’s so here goes
  •  Cumbria
  • K75

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Mars needs women!
Re: Newbie Brick
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:55:46 AM »
Sounds like a winner :clap: I wouldn't sweat the splines even if they're trashed you scored TWO of the iconic top boxes!  What more could you ask? :riding:
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline Barry in IN

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
Welcome!  And it's a K75, so you've got it all.
  • Indiana
  • 1992 K75S Lili Von Shtuppe
A pox on cafe “builders”

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:56:28 PM »
Welcome, Breezer!

Please post a picture of this find. Size your photo to about 200mm. You can start a gallery by following the Photo Guidance in this section or use the Attachments and other options feature under this box.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
Welcome to the asylum from the land of OZ.
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Skunky

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 04:53:10 PM »
Welcome aboard Breezer. Nice to see another Brit  :euro. What plans do you have for your 75?. Restoration or Bastardisation. I opted for the latter.
Also the natives like Photos.  :foto:
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline Breezer

• Curious
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 04:00:08 AM »
Thanks Fellas
Nice to be in the asylum and recently obsessed with this machine. I haven’t even ridden it yet.
Spent half an hour trying to upload a photo of my brick on the trailer, looking obstinate in the rain.
However I failed and rather than hurl my phone across the services car park I will have a cup of tea and return later....
Uploading a photo on here is about as straight forwards as greasing the splines!
Dear  lord what have I let myself in for!
  •  Cumbria
  • K75

Offline Breezer

• Curious
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:14:30 AM »
Hello Laitch
I’ve spent far to much time tinkering lately so mainly I plan to ride and maintain with no big alterations....
And just enjoy flying along the tarmac....
  •  Cumbria
  • K75

Offline Breezer

• Curious
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 04:50:43 PM »
So I took her for a 150 mile shakedown ride today. Sorry still no photos, I will sort it eventually.  I’m a cav
The tail light wasn’t working so it was home before nightfall and the battery wasn’t holding much charge. Luckily I live at the top of a big hill :-). The steering felt very vague, a stop at the garage showed 20psi in both tyres. No wonder then. I found my confidence growing with each mile and when on some wide tarmac with gentle curves I realised why these bricks are so popular in the states. The more I rolled the throttle on the more stable she felt and the wind shot clear over my head. A real highway hawk!
Climbed up above the snow line (easy now) and felt only mildly cold. Yes I’m falling for this girl, despite running out of fuel, that fuel gauge said I had another 6 egg cup fulls of fuel! Fortunately I coasted to a friends house who happened to have a gallon in his shed :-)

Can’t wait for the next ride!

•  Cumbria
  • K75

Tags: