Author Topic: WTB K75s bits in the uk  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Pevenseyboy

• Curious
WTB K75s bits in the uk
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:19:06 PM »
Hi,I had an unfortunate trip down the road with my K75s this evening and require RHS fairing,screen,engine cover,front and rear indicators,mirror mirror and late style tragkorb with tubular lock. My bike is 1987 although I think the bits are the same for all models bar the tragkorb. I m based in the south east of the uk.Mark 07775811417
  • Uk
  • K75s

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: WTB K75s bits in the uk
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 05:55:56 PM »
Welcome to the asylum and sorry on your drop. Fairings ( they are fibre glass)can be repaired with patience and a lot of sanding. tragkorbs lids can also brought back to life with plastic welding sanding and painting. You can plastic weld it yourself, it just requires the correct filler rod and a soldering iron with a flat tip. As a safety precaution do the welding in a well ventilated area and wear a filter mask. A lot of sites available on the net on how to plastic weld and on fibre glassing. TMG has a post on fairing repair and will probably point you to it. Unfortunately Bricks seem to 99% of time come down on the right hand side making right hand side parts harder to find. A good source of parts is the guys that strip them down to make coffee racer scrambler choppers out of them. Good luck in your hunt.
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Skunky

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
Hi,I had an unfortunate trip down the road with my K75s this evening and require RHS fairing,screen,engine cover,front and rear indicators,mirror mirror and late style tragkorb with tubular lock. My bike is 1987 although I think the bits are the same for all models bar the tragkorb. I m based in the south east of the uk.Mark 07775811417

Hi Mark

I am currently building a K100 in Derby bur often travel South East. Next week in fact. I may be able to help you with some of the parts as they are interchangeable I have rear indicators and some tragkorbs but I'm not sure if they were original but I would be willing to let you have the set. Where do you live.
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline Pevenseyboy

• Curious
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply,I m in Pevensey bay near Eastbourne. The tragkorb is easy to tell as it has bmw part numbers moulded inside which is 4654-2315068,its only really the inner part i m after as its wrecked,but will happily take whole ones.It also has tubular locks,the earlier type have flat clasps.
Thanks again
Mark
  • Uk
  • K75s

Offline Skunky

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »
I think these are non standard

But the indicators should be the same.

Which side is damaged rocker cover or crankcase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline Pevenseyboy

• Curious
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
Pictures speak a thousand words! Your tragkorbs are very different to mine,not sure what make yours are. Its the crank side engine cover thats very scuffed,but the K75 is a triple so has a different cover to the K100.
cheers
  • Uk
  • K75s

Offline Skunky

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »
Pictures speak a thousand words! Your tragkorbs are very different to mine,not sure what make yours are. Its the crank side engine cover thats very scuffed,but the K75 is a triple so has a different cover to the K100.
cheers
I realise that. I saw a k75 rocker cover on ebay. Take a look at my build page to see if the indicator works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Tags: