Author Topic: Another guy new to Brickitude  (Read 3997 times)

Offline TaosBrick

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • RedHotMotoBricker
Another guy new to Brickitude
« on: September 23, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »
Hey there all - I've had my '92 K75 for about a month or so, and have already pestered frankenduck a ton for info and tech help.
 I guess he figured I was OK, or was tired of being pestered, so he sent me over here. Sure looks more fun than that snooty BMW Owners of America forum  (first time I was ever told I had to pay to post on any forum).
  Anyhey, I'm definitely feelin' the love for my Brick. Though I've loved motorcycles all my life, I've not had many bikes. But I think I can safely say that as much fun as it would be to try the rest, I think I wound up with one of the best. (The Kaw H1 I repeatedly nearly killed myself on in my late teens comes in at a close second, for pure joyful adrenaline and terror - but here past the half-century mark, I don't need that kind of excitement anymore).
  I've already had the best ride of my life on my chile-red new friend, from Taos to Mescalero and back to play a bagpipe gig for a golf tournament. Though the road was flat and straight for mind-numbing miles, the K made it a joy cruising between 80 and 90mph - it's happy place, yeah!
  Through mysterious partings of desert thunderstorm curtains, blazing down the baking asphalt of the low arid flats, then climbing the curves high into the Sierra Blanca, I was falling in Love. There are few things that reach into the core of the soul other than to be alone on two wheels in the vastness of the American West, flying like an arrow down some desolate highway between the middle of nowhere and the back of beyond.

At this time however, I am experiencing the frustration of premature Brickus-interruptus. I find myself 2000 miles away from my machine, playing pipes at a ren-fest near Cape Cod. When I return in early November, the snow will be close to flyin'. But hey, the thing has heated grips, and it came with an electric vest and socks. I'm trying to figure out the best compromise between sporty and functional for a fairing. Rifle's "Superbike" model is currently winning.

So thanks to frankenduck and Johnny for putting this together, I look forward to hangin' out here.

Flog It Every Day - I mean, the BIKE!
'92 K75, '73 R75/5 Café,'89 Yam XT350
Expect Nothing, Be Ready For Anything.
- Samurai Maxim

Offline Lawrence

Re: Another guy new to Brickitude
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
Welcome, Mr. Taos.  I know the dread you feel contemplating the coming cold.  I didn't ride nearly enough this year to be ready to put the bike(s) up for the winter yet.  I've managed to ride 11 months a year in the past, but galloping decrepitude seems at times to be overtaking me  :'( :'(
 I'm not sure I can do that anymore, but with the heated jacket liner... maybe....
1985 K100RS

1982 Laverda Mirage 1200TS
1983 BMW R100RS

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • Recalculating.....
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
welcome to The Fun Zone, Mr. Taos  ;)
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
True about the bmwmoa forum.  You gotta pay to be policed by nazi mods.  Soon as a thread gets interesting they sh**can it.  Or you get chastised for not putting your bike in the header and informed if you would done a search from 5 years back someone already posted the same thing.  That's what happens when a bunch of anal retentive old farts get hold of a computer.   ;D 

• sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline captrusty

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »
hey Taos I'm not far from your fair, I actually plan on taking a ride that way if it ever stops raining, and if the rain continues I will have to make it a ride in the truck anyway if ya wanta have some food and a drink and kill some time let me know
1976 R900/6  (First Beemer sadly gone)

1993 K1100 LT (Current Ride 100000+)

Offline TaosBrick

• RedHotMotoBricker
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 09:04:57 PM »
Actually it didn't rain at all today at King Richards Faire. You should come down, captrusty. Just look out for Rafferty the Piper. Sure wish I coulda brought my bike, but my friends tell me that it's kinda scary riding around here because people drive like ma**holes  ;D
Just kidding - I love it here, especially sea kayaking, fishing and digging for steamers.
Flog It Every Day - I mean, the BIKE!
'92 K75, '73 R75/5 Café,'89 Yam XT350
Expect Nothing, Be Ready For Anything.
- Samurai Maxim

Tags: