Author Topic: Custom tail section - cafe racer  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Andrewck

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Custom tail section - cafe racer
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
So a lot of PMs that I'm just replying to - sorry for the delay.  A lot of questions about how I did my custom rear cowl and seat, so thought I'd share.  The original shape and prototype was done with planters foam and fiberglass in my dining room.  It served its purpose, but was definitely not a long term solution, so I actually went to a pro for the next step.  Spoke with a lot of fabricators, but ended up working with Brian Marshall @ Sinister Seats in Bensonville, IL (Chicago).  We worked on a number of iterations and ended up with a great, heavy duty final product, with cowhide and marine-grade stitching that held up beautifully in rain.  No affiliation with Brian or SS, but would highly recommend him to do any custom fabricating.
1990 K75S

Offline Skunky

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: Custom tail section - cafe racer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
Looks shiny. Will you be incorporating your rear lights.
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline Andrewck

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
Integrated LED taillight and turn signals were installed under the rear cowl.  Very visible and bright when following the bike!
1990 K75S

Offline Skunky

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:25:41 PM »
Just realised, I knew Id seen that bike before. Thought this was a new project. I'd already read you old thread. I think I will have trouble parting with mine even though it isn't completed yet. Good luck with finding your next bike. Perhaps you should try an R now.
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Tags: