Author Topic: indicators are whack  (Read 3794 times)

Offline gazman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
indicators are whack
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:25:06 AM »
Slight problem . . . .indicators have stopped working, hit the right turn all 4 lights flash same for left and the turn cancel switch. Hazards work. had a spare flasher unit and BMU swapped them over , No change . search Motobrick, check fuses all good but no power either side of  #7. So is my next move pull the starter and clean or will backspin suffice . My understanding of electrics is limited give me spanners any day. Any suggestions gratefully received
  • west australia
  • 93 K1100LT

Offline wally.fisher

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: indicators are whack
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 05:16:08 AM »
Slight problem . . . .indicators have stopped working, hit the right turn all 4 lights flash same for left and the turn cancel switch. Hazards work. had a spare flasher unit and BMU swapped them over , No change . search Motobrick, check fuses all good but no power either side of  #7. So is my next move pull the starter and clean or will backspin suffice . My understanding of electrics is limited give me spanners any day. Any suggestions gratefully received
Remove and clean or replace the starter brushes it is quite common with K series beemers. Its all part of the earthing of these bikes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline gazman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »
Well backspin didn't work. So it was out with the starter PITA brush's aint to bad but commutator was covered in black gunk, cleaned it up with some emery and contact cleaner. Now just gotta put it back together, short prayer to the motogods an see how we go
  • west australia
  • 93 K1100LT

Offline gazman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 10:35:36 PM »
God's weren't listening. Back to square one. :dunno
  • west australia
  • 93 K1100LT

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 07:30:18 AM »
What happens when you disconnect the hazard switch?
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.

Offline gazman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »
No change, same symptoms. I've cleaned all the earths, checked all the plugs. Tomorrow I'll strip an clean the thumb controls, don't think their the problem but starting to grasp at straws  :dunno
  • west australia
  • 93 K1100LT

Offline Inge K.

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:47 AM »
If you still have no power at fuse #7, it would be a good idea to check the load shedding relay and its
connections.
You could also try to swap as it's 4 more identical relays in the relay box, LSR is one of the two furthest
to the right side.
  • Norway

Offline gazman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Thank you all  :clap: Faulty load shed relay was the culprit. And as a bonus I've done some connection, earth, and starter maintenance.  :riding:
  • west australia
  • 93 K1100LT

Offline gazman

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 09:33:42 PM »
One more time THANK YOU  now I can spend the day riding instead of chasing stray electrons. Pleasant 20deg C gotta get em while I can summer's nearly here  :riding:
  • west australia
  • 93 K1100LT

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 10:03:32 PM »
One more time THANK YOU  now I can spend the day riding instead of chasing stray electrons. Pleasant 20deg C gotta get em while I can summer's nearly here  :riding:
Ride on gazman!

This is why I subscribe and contribute to this forum.  Good info and active base.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Tags: