Author Topic: K75 Fuel Cooler  (Read 17192 times)

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: K75 Fuel Cooler
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2017, 07:07:50 PM »
Laitch I'll see your profiterole and raise you one éclair . :lets-eat:
Regards Martin.

* Beefies Eclair.jpg (16.43 kB . 431x192 - viewed 296 times)
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »

I'd like a cross-section Beefy's eclair photo, please.  :yes

I'd like to understand the interior fuel path of the cooler. If the fuel must move through hard ,right-angle bends or whether there are curves to its path.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline Martin

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
Sorry Laitch the Éclair seems to have gone missing, all I could find was a few crumbs.  :lets-eat: The problem however has been fixed. This morning I refitted the cooler and I changed the following things I substituted the top right angle cooler fitting for a straight one. Switched over the in and out lines. Rerouted the lines to eliminated any possibility of a kinked line when pushing back the tank in position. This now involved having to loosen the fairing (K75s) in order to tighten the return line hose clamp. On start up the Banshee was calm and silent. So it was one of those three changes that eliminated the problem.  :dunno I not even going to try and guess which one, or backtrack the changes to find the culprit. And why did fuel level impact on the noise I'm just happy that it is gone and I can see how much difference it makes. It is a pity I didn't get a recording of the noise it sounded like all hell was breaking loose in the tank.
Regards Martin.

Offline Martin

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »
Last Monday riding in traffic with 39C showing on the dash temp gauge (Jaycar) the brick started intermittently running rough and surging. Got it home and tried pressing the starter button while idling at 1000rpm. The 1000 rpm could only be obtained by using the fast idle, when pressed the engine died immediately, this showed that it was extremely rich. Further evidence of a black tail pipe confirmed this. I started suspecting incorrectly that my MAF sensor was at fault as a mates bike had suffered similarly a few years ago. I posted my problem on another site and got another couple of possibilities, kinked fuel return line and faulty temp sensor. When I fitted my fuel cooler I had to keep changing it's length and routing to prevent it from kinking. Eventually after 4-5 goes different routes and hose lengths I got it routed with no kinks. And I was fine for quite a few weeks, however I believe the 39C running in traffic softened the hose allowing it to collapse. It's sort of ironic that the device I fitted to solve hot running in traffic, was now actually the source of my problem. :hehehe I went up to Supercheap and got some heavier walled hose however as an added precaution I am trying to source a spring to go around the outside to prevent it doing the same. Preferably in stainless. A neighbor across the road has a mobile hose repair business so i'll try him first.
Regards Martin.

Tags: