Author Topic: KAD - cad files for all things K  (Read 6816 times)

Offline BRIDGE

• Motobrick Curious
KAD - cad files for all things K
« on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »
Starting this thread as a dumping ground for any and all cad files people make when customising/revolutionising/restoring/renovating their bikes.

In furnimoto's Project Apokalypse thread a few people expressed an interest in having a spot on the forum where people could store/create/talk cad models.

Furnimoto created a google doc folder where people can access/upload their files for others to work with. the link can be found here;[size=78%]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_8344myoqVLNDhiNjFXaG9PLTQ[/size]

Hopefully in the future this will be good resource for those working on k bikes, whether its allows them to design any changes and solve problems before they are halfway through stripping/cutting the bike.

Also with the bikes getting older, the harder the search for certain parts can be, meaning if we can recreate those parts in cad we can go about making replacements.  :2thumbup:
  • UK
  • 86 K100RS - Project KC

Offline BRIDGE

• Motobrick Curious
Re: KAD - cad files for all things K
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »
I've added *.step and *.f3d files to the archive of the k1100 throttle bodies that I have been working whilst looking into redesigning the air intake system on my 100RS.
Here are a couple still renders.

I will probably go back and create a simplified version that just give the bounding box/overall dimensions for those not needing the detail I've put into this version.
Here's a preview link to the file; http://a360.co/2wiwGMK which lets you look around the file without downloading it/requiring software.

The model is not 100% finished but is not far away from being completed.
  • UK
  • 86 K100RS - Project KC

Offline DaanRademaker

• Curious
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »
Dude this is awesome! I registered specifically for this topic. I am currently in the process of modding my k-bike, which will involve a lot of work in Onshape :). I found a 3ds model online, which I am in the process of converting. If that works out, I'll post it here!
  • Utrecht, Netherlands
  • BMW K100, Aprillia Pegaso

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:32:46 PM »
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline BRIDGE

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 07:36:11 AM »
I've started on making the hand controls up in CAD as someone on the Facebook page noted that the painted icons for the buttons would rub off with wear, and that good replacements are getting harder to find. The plan was to have the icons embossed or sunk into the main body so that they wouldn't fade.

Dude this is awesome! I registered specifically for this topic. I am currently in the process of modding my k-bike, which will involve a lot of work in Onshape :). I found a 3ds model online, which I am in the process of converting. If that works out, I'll post it here!

I've never heard of Onshape so you've taught me something new today  :2thumbup:  Also look forward to see what you create!
  • UK
  • 86 K100RS - Project KC

Offline DaanRademaker

• Curious
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 09:21:37 AM »

http://specialks.net/models/cad/

Do you have those cad models available on your site? I can't seem to find them. It would be awesome if you would we willing to share those. I am currently working on designing a custom hoop with cnc aluminum brackets for a non-welded fit.
  • Utrecht, Netherlands
  • BMW K100, Aprillia Pegaso

Offline highflyer

• Curious
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 03:56:37 PM »

Hey, I realise this is an old thread, but I wondered if you've made any progress with this?
  • UK
  • K100 RS

Tags: