Author Topic: Hello! New K Owner Based in Sweden  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Hoffrock

• Motobrick Curious
Hello! New K Owner Based in Sweden
« on: July 16, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
Hey everyone!   :euro

I'm a new K owner based in Gothenburg - Sweden. I picked up a K a month or so back with the intention of starting a custom project. I am a designer by trade and wanted somewhere to put the excess creativity.

I bought a relatively clean 1984 K100 that I found on the Swedish website Blocket. (Kind of like Craigslist or gumtree I guess)

It was a good price and seemed to be relatively well looked after. (I knew I was going to take the whole thing apart anyway so it didn't need to be imaculate. Just a good runner. The previous owner had the bike as a daly rider so that was good enough for me.)

Here are a couple of photos from the day I picked it up:

I have a Garage that is shared between me and some friends. We have a good amount of tools. Welder, English wheel, etc.

Here is the bike outside the garage the day it was picked up:

I have already cut into the bike massively and will start a build thread soon as I have taken photos as I went along.

I have been using this project as a way to learn more about metalworking and mechanics. I already have an OK understanding mechanically speaking (definitely no pro but enough)  I have wanted to make a cafe racer for years and decided to take the plunge and just do it.

Here is a quick photoshop rendering or what I'm aiming for. It may not be exactly like this in the end but its at least a target to aim for.

Anyway. Great to be part of the forum. I have already read up on a lot of posts from here. No doubt the collective knowledge saved here will be invaluable along the way.
I hope that you will find the build interesting too.

:riding:
  • Göteborg Sweden
  • 1984 K100

Offline Hoffrock

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Hello! New K Owner Based in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:05:17 PM »
I dont think the last image is displaying correctly so here it is:

• Göteborg Sweden
  • 1984 K100

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:51:05 PM »

Welcome to the asylum from the land of OZ. You still have no pictures. After you have posted the text at the bottom of the text box you will see
Attachments and other options. click on it . You will then see an attach box with browse. Click on Browse. This will open up your pictures select your image and click open the name of the picture will appear in the Attach box. Click more attachments for more pictures. If the pictures won't upload to the sight it means you will have to reduce them in size. Use a free program like Picresize to reduce and save at a reduced size, reduce by 75%.Hope this helps.
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Hoffrock

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »
Welcome to the asylum from the land of OZ. You still have no pictures. After you have posted the text at the bottom of the text box you will see
Attachments and other options. click on it . You will then see an attach box with browse. Click on Browse. This will open up your pictures select your image and click open the name of the picture will appear in the Attach box. Click more attachments for more pictures. If the pictures won't upload to the sight it means you will have to reduce them in size. Use a free program like Picresize to reduce and save at a reduced size, reduce by 75%.Hope this helps.
Regards Martin.

Thanks! I will try that instead. I was trying to use Photobucket and then paste in the IMG tags.

• Göteborg Sweden
  • 1984 K100

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 05:23:14 PM »

That's a nice looking Standard K100. They are getting hard to find in that condition, it's a pity you couldn't find something with panel  damage to chop up. :musicboohoo:
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Christopherguzzi

• My first Beemer🏍.
  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • It ran when it was parked........27 years ago😳.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum Hoffroc and congratulations on the purchase of a lovely looking C.   :2thumbup: Although it would seem that it will not be recognizable as such soon.  That is unless you decide to keep the bikini fairing, which  I am quite partial to, not to mention your top box and engine guards. :bmwsmile
  • Little Canada, Minnesota
  • 1986 K75C
Christopherguzzi

Tags: