Author Topic: 10 years gone  (Read 4853 times)

Offline DRxBMW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
10 years gone
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
Small talk with a Chicago fireman en-route to ground zero this morning at the grocery store. I must admit his Honda Valkyrie was spit polished to perfection. Real deal rider, did my best to convert his future choice of moto to BMW. (FWIW, Johnny 2 valve triple is the Holy Grail, enough said)

Bin Laden is fish food but like flies on the shit pile terrorism & politics is still alive & well. Two and half wars later including Libya are we really any safer ? Is the Military Industrial Complex part of the stimulus or the problem ? Should the USA be "BIG Brother" of the planet ?

Don't even get me started on financial travesty. Ever hear of the spirit level economic theory ?

1973 was the first OPEC embargo, what have we learned from that time element ? ETOH corn juice LOL, Fu*k, if we invested as much $ in "sensible energy", US would be on the top of the game instead of slaves to pain at the pump. Convinced Hydrogen is the fuel of the future, time to get jiggy.

10 years gone,almost an eye-blink,kinda sucks the USA just doesn't get it. Or that greed truly stands in the way !

Post flood reconnaissance mission today on the K 75. Pa 87,220 & 487 took it tough, rivals Hurricane Irene Vermont pics of mangled roadways. Washed out gravel everywhere,read one had to be VERY astute baking around a corner. Pray all the "shot callers"/budget cutters" see the wisdom of funding R&R.

ride hard ________ life's short

Gary
Williamsport,Pa

1994 K 75 ABS "custom"
2005 F 650 GS

Offline Ocelot

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Ocelot: small, agile, powerful, stealthy.
Re: 10 years gone
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »
Hot Dang! Out on your Africa Twin. Four bike flips ago I bought a long parked TransAlp, brought it back to life, and flipped it. Hondas are awesome. Would love to have that fore and aft V-twin. But parts are mostly made of unobtanium. For example: I had to replace the piston in the front jug, because the previous owner turned the long parked engine over without first spritzing some WD40 in the plug holes, so seized rings busted the piston. I would have machined both heads, since I was already overhauling the one, but I could only score the one last head gasket in the world. These crippling difficulties do not afflict beemers. Plus, getting your hands in where you can wrench at things is a nightmare. So I flipped it and bought a KLR. Low quality piece of crap, but common as house flies, so plenty of parts and farkles available. A gas to ride. In fact, I will probably be up in your neck of the woods on that KLR in the next few weeks.

Yes. The political sitch is sad. Racketeers run one party and retards lead the other.

If you divided the 14 million unemployed into the trillion and a half stimulus you could pay each and every 14 million unemployed fifteen bucks an hour from the first bailout until now. Now the racketeers want to blow through another 450. Where does all that money go? 

Here in Northern Dull-Aware there was a Saturn factory. One of the conditions of the GM bailout was that GM had to close Saturn. Thousands out of work here. So the stimulus gave half a billion to a Finnish auto start-up owned by an investment group from Qatar (because Allah knows Qatar needs the money) to buy our Saturn plant to build one model battery powered luxo car with a 40 mile radius costing 88 grand a pop (cause God knows there's a big market for 88 grand 40 mile luxo rides). Claimed they had thus created 5,000 jobs. Set up a rostrum and gave a nice speech. Here three years later, the start-up has run through a billion, is seeking more funding, has decided they have to make a hybrid instead of battery car (cause Toyota knows no one else is already losing ten grand a unit selling those those), has arranged to buy their engines from BMW (cause Keynes knows we don't need the jobs making engines here), has raised the price of their one car to 98k, promises they will finally pump out their first car by 2014, and there are about six employee rides in their parking lot, none of which is a hybrid, cause the only employees are seven buck an hour security guards driving the last few clunkers which somehow escaped cash for clunkers. Every time I go by, I think of those clown cars in the circus --- and imagine a thousand employees coming out of each of those vehicles. That's what we got for our money here. I am sure others know similar tales from their necks of the woods. Evaporating bucks.

Racketeers and retards are robbing our grandchildren. And we haven't a clue how to stop them.

Maybe we ought to just rob social security (cause grandma knows that's not broke enough). Yeah. That ought to do it. I feel better already.

The man in charge speaks to the right corner of the room, then he speaks to the left corner of the room, then the right, then the left, because his coach told him that makes him look inclusive. Then he lifts his chin and lets us look up his nose, because his coach told him that makes him look regal. His delusional fans applaud and say what a wunnerful speech. But what did he say? Doesn't matter because that's not what he is gonna do.

Had an earthquake the other day. Didn't know we had a fault line out here; but we found out we did. It was Bush's fault.

Chains you can believe in.
1990 K75C Ocelot
2003 R1200CLC Annie
2007 KLR650 Biffy Bullfrog

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:19:56 AM »

• :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Ocelot

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Ocelot: small, agile, powerful, stealthy.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »
1990 K75C Ocelot
2003 R1200CLC Annie
2007 KLR650 Biffy Bullfrog

Tags: