Author Topic: Fess up who has done this?  (Read 10383 times)

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Fess up who has done this?
« on: June 23, 2017, 02:53:42 AM »

I would like to see what started this. Looks like a Hardley, a Brick rider wouldn't lower themselves to this level or would they?  :dunno :nono http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/motorcyclist-kicks-car-and-triggers-chain-reaction-crash-in-apparent-road-rage-video/ar-BBD3Cme?
Regards Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
Re: Fess up who has done this?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 07:30:10 AM »
I've been tempted but preserving the attractive luster of my highly-polished TCXs is more important than igniting chaos.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline Christopherguzzi

• My first Beemer🏍.
  • ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • It ran when it was parked........27 years ago😳.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:47 AM »
Yikes, that is some good and bad reactionary driving all in one incident.   :mbird Did the motorcyclist come away unscathed entirely?!?!  Would like to know too what happened before the part we see on video.  So many unanswered questions???   :dunno2:  As for the original question, me thinks that a narrower and quicker bike (i.e. Brick) would simply go around and ahead of the potential danger without the need for further incident.
 :falldown: :riding:   :bmwsmile
  • Little Canada, Minnesota
  • 1986 K75C
Christopherguzzi

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »
That time the chihuahua got away with yapping at the big dog.  I tend to humbly accept my position at the bottom of the food chain on the highway and scurry and hide when confronted. But to each his own.
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline rbm

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »
Both of those drivers should be caught and charged with attempted manslaughter, reckless endangerment and anything else that can stick. Take away their licenses forever.  They should not be duking it out on a public roadway, endangering innocent bystanders.  That poor guy in the SUV that rolled over had nothing at all to do with this encounter but just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I understood that the car cut off the motorcyclist before this video footage was recorded.  The motorcyclist should have just backed off; you can't change driving behaviour by damaging property.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline whosyurdaddy

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »

" you can't change driving behaviour by damaging property."

It would sure make me think before doing something stupid again .
  • Central Indiana
  • 1991 K100RS SOLD

Offline riots100

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 01:38:53 PM »
This occurred not too far from where I live and I've traveled that stretch of freeway many times.  Word on the street is that there was some aggressive behavior by the car beforehand and that the initial swerve (after the kick) was another aggressive action by the car driver that went horribly awry.

In a world of comparative fault, there probably enough to to around.  Better to deescalate and stand blameless.  I know of guys who have broken their wrists punching rear view mirrors.

• Los Angeles, CA
  • 1992 K75, 2007 K1200GT, 1991 K100RS
----
BDJ

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:53:46 PM »
Would have been better handled if they stopped and settled with bare fists in the middle lane like a couple of guys I saw a few years back on I-190 in downtown Buffalo, NY.  After weaving around each other for a couple of miles, they both stopped, got out of their vehicles and started getting it on right in the middle of the road.  Amidst the blaring horns of the rush hour traffic they were holding up, they wrestled around for about 3 minutes until one of them stood up walked to his car and drove off leaving the other to follow at a much slower pace.

Priceless...
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline rbm

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »
This occurred not too far from where I live and I've traveled that stretch of freeway many times.  Word on the street is that there was some aggressive behavior by the car beforehand and that the initial swerve (after the kick) was another aggressive action by the car driver that went horribly awry.
That last swerve in the video before the driver lost control was an attempted manslaughter.  Gotts ta be criminal.

In a world of comparative fault, there probably enough to to around.  Better to deescalate and stand blameless.  I know of guys who have broken their wrists punching rear view mirrors.
Can't fight physics -- solid immovable object + weak human anatomy = busted bones.  Same with the kick -- for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction = bike goes in the opposite direction to the kick.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »

I have to admit, I've been tempted to strike but know that it can turn out very bad...  for me.  Better to accept and move on, there sadly will always be more.

When I first saw the video on the national news I had to wonder if the reaction by the car was aggressive or panic.  I always think when someone makes a stupid/dangerous move in traffic that causes me to avoid the situation it may have been an 80 or 16-year-old that intended no harm.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Offline Martin

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »

It used to be young males that drove aggressively these days it seems that more women are driving more aggressively. And that's not just my opinion the Honourable Minister for Finance and Recreation as well as my eldest Daughter to be hereafter known as Devil Child One have both commented on aggressive driving by younger females.  :dunno Devil Child One now has Devil Child Two, what goes around comes around revenge is sweet. :hehehe
Regards Martin.

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:42:34 AM »
+1 on the aggressive women drivers.  I've had two run-ins with them in just the past week.  Seems like there is more of this crap this year than I have seen in the past. 

First was a woman pulling into my lane on the interstate at 65mph during rush hour.  She came within two feet of me before I saw her front fender and swerved away.  Of course, she had her damn phone stuck to the side of her (probably) empty head.

The other was Saturday morning in the village roundabout where a woman entering blasted me with her horn(I was in the roundabout already and trying to exit) and came close to t-boning me.  Then the bitch gave me a look like I was supposed to yield to her.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline The Dude

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »
I fess I had to kick and fist thump a VW Beatle on my way to college.It was incrementally invading my space in crawling trafic and I was about to be fully crushed.It worked but I didn't damage the Bug.She was a fellow student and I,surreptitiously,checked it (the bug)out later.
  • Auckland, New Zealand
  • K75s
Current.
TR6R 1973 from new.
Moto guzzi 850 III .1983 from,almost, new.
K75S 1986 from new.vin-0103141
On my second millionth km.give or take a hundred k Kay's.
"The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there."
All the best!

Offline Martin

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »

I've tapped a couple of mirrors. And totalled a bug door, a LOL illegally parked threw her door open. I hit it with a 450 RT Ducati.
Regards Martin.

Offline riots100

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 12:34:44 AM »
LA times did a follow up to the kicking/accident with the guy who shot the video.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-road-rage-video-santa-clarita-20170623-story.html
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • 1992 K75, 2007 K1200GT, 1991 K100RS
----
BDJ

Offline tagaz

• Curious
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
I have been tempted a few times.
But have always restrained from giving in to my vengeful other self.
I firmly believe that "everybody gets what they deserve" sooner or later.
And I have but a scarce few firm beliefs at this time of my life.

I mostly feel sad for those who can't use or don't have a social or moral compass.

Why make enemies when you can make friends.

Two days ago, a very fine looking young female stared at me as I approached in the oncoming lane & decided to turn left in front of me.
When her SUV was ~1/3 of the way into my lane she stopped, realizing she had misjudged my speed. I swerved slightly to pass close enough to wag my finger, I used my index digit, and to hear her say "I'm so sorry". Wish I had been able to tell her, "Sorry doesn't bring back the dead".
  • Kingman, AZ USA
  • 1985 K 100 RT

Offline Martin

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »

Just after I fitted the HORN of DEATH (140 DB air horn) I was driving down the highway and a guy changed lanes into me. I swerved and hit the horn and accelerated from under him. I then moved over into the left lane in preparation to exit into a service station, he followed me.  :yow
I turned off  onto the exit ramp, and he followed.  :yow :yow So instead of pulling up to the pumps I pulled up into a parking spot, he pulled up off to one side of the entrance and got out.  :yow :yow :yow I dismounted and took off my helmet and turned to face him my hand reaching down for the comfort of my Colt 45. ( I wish).  :yow :yow :yow :yow We approached each other slowly in the noonday sun, in a flash he proceeded to apologize profusely saying he was extremely sorry for cutting me off. He then went on to say that he didn't want to appear like the typical car driver who cuts off bikes and flicks them off. :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm sort of glad I wasn't armed, as it might of turned into a one sided shootout in the forecourt. Headlines GUNFIGHT AT THE BP CORRAL.
A thankful Martin rides off into the sunset.

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 06:17:31 PM »
. . . and turned to face him my hand reaching down for the comfort of my Colt 45.
They have that stuff down in OZ? I thought Foster's occupied its position in the swill list. Anyway, it is a compelling tale of conflict and resolution.  :clap:
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Martin

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 06:41:09 PM »

Laitch I had to look it up. You have a beer named after an iconic weapon.  :hehehe I wonder if I can get an Ozinian brewery to name a beer Beemerang. Slogan you always come back for a Beemerang Beer. :dunno
Regards Martin.

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 06:50:10 PM »
You have a beer named after an iconic weapon.
It isn't beer; it's malt liquor. The hangover intensity and the rank of felonies committed after drinking it make it different than beer.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline Martin

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »

I'm astounded bewildered and dumbstruck. I am now going for a ride on a cold Queensland winters day 23C. A bopping and a rocking.
Regards Martin.

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 12:35:14 AM »
You have a beer named after an iconic weapon. 

Obviously you jump to conclusions about our obsessions with firearms.  It has a kick but not like that damn 45 acp revolver I used to have.  From Wiki "Listed on the Pabst website as a "Fun Fact", Colt 45 was named after running back #45 Jerry Hill of the 1963 Baltimore Colts and not the .45 caliber handgun ammunition round"
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline Motorhobo

• +20 years of K75
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 02:26:42 PM »
Just after I fitted the HORN of DEATH (140 DB air horn) I was driving down the highway and a guy changed lanes into me. I swerved and hit the horn and accelerated from under him. I then moved over into the left lane in preparation to exit into a service station, he followed me.  :yow

Can you post or send me a link to that horn of death, Martin.

I saw a German crime drama last night where a young woman on a motorcycle pulls up along side the driver's side door, hits the driver's side windshield with big black paint-ball and hits the throttle. The car can't see, consequently can't chase, and ends up slamming into a bus stop kiosk. Now, that's a mass-marketing idea that's worth millions! That should be a standard, handlebar-mounted, DOT-required, factory accessory!

And since the young woman in the movie wasn't the show's featured murderer, she didn't get busted for the the 'incident'!

Once I bashed the passenger door of a car several times with an umbrella while on a bike...but it was a mountain bike on University Ave in Seattle because the asshole came within an inch of me. The driver looked like someone's grandma. Very stupid of me because here in the USA even the grandmas are armed and dangerous, plus being shitty drivers.

You want to be scared shitless all the time on two wheels? Ride a bicycle in traffic. I was a militant bicyclist in Seattle in the 90's and should have been a corpse many times over.

MH
1994/1995 K75 ABS Frankenbike: original engine 136k miles, frame from Gary Weaver (RIP), 173k miles -- Current Odometer: 193k miles
1994 K75 since 2013, 76,000 mi (11k mine) w/California Sidecar Friendship II Sidecar & Black Lab 'Miss B'

Past: 1974 Honda 550/4 (first bike), 1994 K75 (sold), 1995 K75 ABS (parts bike), Sidecar Dog & Best Bud 'Bo' - RIP

Offline Martin

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »
Motohobo just went back to where I got mine and they have doubled in price from under $40.00 to $80.00 Au. The horn I got of them was a Stebel Nautilus Air Horn they come in two sizes. I bought the smaller one, I have kept the original and wired in a switch so I can have the OEM or both.The switch also switches on the LED running light. 139 db horns are illegal in QLD Hardley loud exhausts don't seem to be. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stebel-Nautilus-Compact-Motor-Bike-Air-Horn-Black-139dB-12-volt-Motorcycle-Loud-/121247579419?
I have a direct link to their shop where the price is nearly $80.00. Tried the same shop through EBay under $40.00. They do quite a few horns 136 db Stebel Magnum dual horns as well as others.
Regards Martin.

Offline bizzaro

• co pilot
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 08:32:03 PM »
Why's it so much more fun to hang out here when I'm drinkin?  (P. S. ows my spellin?)
  • Vermont
  • Current:1994 BMW K1100LT Previous: 1982 Yamaha virago 920,1973 Honda CB550,1976 Yamaha 650 Special
See Ya in the Twisties,
 Bizz

Tags: